Friday, July 14, 2006

....

.. For the past few days I have been following the Mumbai help blog. I have only felt more helpless then ever, but knowing somebody is doing something is good sometimes.
Everyone I know is safe and sound (all my friends are in Bombay as I was born and brought up there!). Then again, so many people I do not know died for no obvious fault of theirs.
Then again,there were blasts in Kashmir and lots of people died. I didnt realize until this friend mentioned that somebody he knew had died in those.

From numbers on paper, to gory pictures on television. From names on the dead and injured list to the posts on blogs. We have seen it all before. We will see it again. We all say we want to stop this. If we all want to stop this..why is it still happening.

When will we find the solution or explain to this brainwashed people that killing has never solved anything. You kill my family, I will kill yours and it goes on..till we end both our lineage.

And then our friends continue the war for us..in our memory!

6 comments:

Rohan Kumar said...

Hopefully these painful memories of our friends will go a long way one day to ending this all

ligne said...

hope so too..!

Baatasaari said...

@ligne: what you said is true. Like Gandhi said," an eye for a eye leaves the whole world blind". But, I feel that our policies make us susceptible to these tragic events. Some of the people I know aren't even willing to start a conversation on issues beleaguering our nation. I believe our attitude towards issues concerning our country needs a change and we should feel one with the nation. Also, we shouldn't call for revenge but we need to be strong and let our voice be heard that enough is enough. Just my two cents... Good job on Mumbai blog, "thumbsup" :)

ligne said...

@kittu : I guess the hope is that even those who refuse to talk about this..in their minds do think about these things..and given a venue they will share them.

aren't blogs supposed to be like that?

Anand said...

Just hope and pray that those affected are able to get over these horrible moments and carry on with their lives!

ligne said...

anand : let us also hope htat we can prevent this from happening again..!